Welcome back to my challenge 😀 !!!!!!!!
Hope you got a kick out of yesterday’s piece. No? Hm. Well, hopefully you enjoy today’s entry more.
I decided to write this piece now, rather than at night, because my gut tells me it might be a tad bit long. So, I was hoping you could stretch it out through the day. Those who take a cab/bus/bike to work can read it en route, and you can read it at your office while pretending to do work we both know you’re not doing 😉
That being said, I am now going to tell you 30 facts about me. I left out “interesting” because I’m not sure I can guarantee that.
- **30 FACTS ABOUT ME**
• My full name is Cynthia Faith Coco Ifeanyi Ayase Anetor-Sokei. I don’t like my name. I strongly dislike all the people I know with the name ‘Cynthia’, ‘Faith’ is a housegirl’s name, people are constantly teasing me because they refuse to believe ‘Ifeanyi’ is a unisex name, and I have no idea what ‘Ayase’ means. I used to like ‘Coco’ a lot, until people started telling me “oh! I know someone named Coco.” On the outside I smile, but inside I’m thinking “Die mhen!!”
•Despite the fact that I hate my name(s), I really like my last name. Anetor-Sokei. I think it sounds kinda nice when I say it to myself. Plus, my brother and I are the only two people in the world with the name. 😀 Go ahead. Google ‘Anetor-Sokei’. See what comes up 🙂
•I have had Dysthymia for as long as I remember. Been popping pills since I was a kid.. I used to call them “happy pills” because even though I didn’t know exactly what they were for, I knew I felt better when I had them. When I go a long period without my pills, life isn’t pretty. Kinda like recently.
•I love mangoes! Always have. When I was about 6, there was a mango tree in the next compound. Whenever we went over to pluck ripe ones, the owner would yell at us because he was a greedy cow leg. The tree was pretty close to the fence near our block, so I watched my cousins jump on the fence and pluck. I decided to try this on my own one faithful day when my craving was exceptionally high. So, I got on the railing of the staircase, and lunged for the fence. I missed. I hit the fence with my chest instead, was bounced back to the water tank, and then I hit the concrete floor 😦 I’ve had problems with my chest/heart ever since. (Personally, I don’t think my doctors know what it is. They tell me something different every two years).
•My mum is from Delta (Asaba), and my Dad is Edo. I get really confused about which side to claim, since they aren’t together anymore. Someone once suggested ‘Edolta’. I speak, write and understand igbo, but I don’t even know what “good morning is in isaan (my dad’s language).
• I like food a lot. I do. But I don’t actually eat much. I always take very little portions, and I have this really nasty habit of picking at my food. I guess I’m in love with the idea of eating, and not the actual act.
• I’m very picky when it comes to food. Even when I’m starving, I won’t eat something if I don’t like it. What’s the point of eating something you won’t enjoy. Also, it’s kinda hard for me to try new stuff out at restaurants. And it sucks. It’s a habit I’m trying to break.
• Sugar addict. At a point, a doctor told my mum I have a minor case of hypoglycaemia. Appaz, my dad is diabetic, and I inherited it. More drugs for me! Yaaay!! 😐 I still take loads of sugar though *shrug* can’t help it. I’ve fainted about three times before when I went a couple of hours without sugar.
• My genotype is AS. It sucks. I hardly ever get sick, but when I do, it feels like my world is about to end. Even when it’s something as simple as a cold. Also, my throat always gets sore when I’m about to fall ill.
• I don’t really like kids. They annoy me most of the time. Even the cute ones. I could be playing with a kid one second and then smack them the next. I’m trying to learn to deal with it because I’ll be a mum soon 🙂
• Some people think I have ADHD. This is not true. No doctor has diagnosed me with such a condition. So what if I actually have to see a doctor before I can be diagnosed. If you think I get distracted easily, get more interesting. Pfft.
• I’m scared of thunder. It’s one of the reasons why I don’t like the rain. It’s really embarrassing, because once I actually hid under my desk in class in secondary school. *smh* I used to be scared of the dark as well, but not anymore. Not really.
• When I was younger, I wanted to be a stripper. Sadly, my dancing skills sucketh. 😦
• I suck at arguments. Like, verbal fights. When it comes to insults, I draw a blank. You could rain a truckload of insults on me, and my retort would be something like “Yeah? Well, you too.” 😐 But if it gets physical, I know I can kick ass sha. Even if I don’t win, I’ll definitely leave some sort of scar. I don’t fight fair.
• I despise being called stupid. I do some stuff that I guess may come across that way, but I really don’t need to hear it from anyone else. Any other insult is fine. I really don’t care
• I have some anger issues. I get pissed over the littlest things and just explode. Sometimes, I store it all up and blow up on an unfortunate soul. But I’m better now. At least, I don’t let it push me to physical contact anymore. Those were dark times *shudder*
• I’m very sensitive to words and perceived emotions or reactions. I get upset if I feel someone I care about is upset with me, or doesn’t really want to talk to me. Admittedly, some of these perceptions exist only in my head. But my mind is really good at playing things up. If someone replies “hi…” to my “hey :)” I immediately start wondering what could be wrong.
• Yes, I’m a bit paranoid. I sometimes feel I’m being watched 😐 And sometimes, I think I hear voices.
• I love attention. I love when people like me. Not like my happiness depends on it….much, but I really just want to be liked by everyone. It’s sad, but I’m one of those people. I hate being ignored. It makes me want to cry 😦
• I have a lot of dreams. There’s a lot of stuff I’d like to do. Stuff I feel I need to do. Lately, it’s felt like they’re all falling apart. But God knows best. Still hanging on 🙂
• I love to write. Writing is a part of who I am. It just feels good to be able to put all my thoughts down on paper (figuratively or otherwise). It’s such a release. It feels good when people read my stuff and say it’s really good (thanks guys) but sometimes, I need criticism. I feel like I don’t get enough of it. And I need it to get better.
• I’m very shy. Extremely so. I’m very awkward at social gatherings unless I have alchy on me. It’s difficult for me to make new friends. I’d love to walk up to people and introduce myself, but I just never seem to be able to work up the nerve. It’s also difficult for me to maintain eye contact with anyone. Not just cause of the albinism, but looking into someone’s eyes is a deep thing for me. It’s hard to expose myself to people like that.
• I’m born again. Prayer is really important to me. I really do believe it changes things. Sadly, I don’t pray as much as I need to anymore 😦
• I do not like phone calls. They make me uncomfortable. There are very few people I spend more than 2 minutes on the phone with. These are very special people. I don’t call people unless I have a message to pass on, or a question to ask. It’s not that I don’t like to keep in touch, but that’s why we have SMS 😀
• This is probably coming late because I’m running out of stuff to say. I’m my mother’s 2nd child. I have an elder brother and a little sister. Don’t know what number I am to my dad. I doubt my stepdad even knows what number I am.
• I quit smoking (everything). Haven’t taken alchy in a while, but hopefully I’ll resume soon 🙂
• I don’t get addicted to stuff that people are always yapping about. I’ve tried out a lot of stuff that I’m not sure I should discuss here, but I never got addicted. Always stopped whenever I felt like.
• I have a healthy sexual appetite (bite me) and I’m into a lot of stuff. Don’t have a favorite position, don’t have any specific preferences. All that just makes the whole thing boring 😐 Believe it or not, once you pick a favorite, it kinda closes your mind to anything else.
• Yeah, went through a bit of molestation from uncles and such when I was little. I lost my virginity at 15. Was raped by a neighbor. Aborted the resulting pregnancy. I’ve moved on.
• There isn’t a lot I regret. Actually can’t think of any right now. I try to do stuff I won’t regret later, even though I can be really indecisive. I learn from my mistakes though. Because the real mistake would be not taking anything from the lesson.
So, we made it yeah? Sorry if this was drab and long. It’s part of the challenge. Bear with me 🙂
I actually put off doing this piece, because I wasn’t sure I want to put most of this stuff out there. But I think I’m comfortable enough with it now.
Oh. Before I forget. You may have noticed I no longer tag people to the link on twiter. If you’d like to follow the challenge, please subscribe to the blog. Thanks.
Enjoy the rest of your day. 🙂