Hey hey hey!!! 😀
So, @d3ola finally decided to send in her entry. All glory and honour be unto the Lord. I shall now hand over and let her give her excuse.
I’m sorry this wasn’t posted or done earlier. I had a combination of food poisoning and malaria. I was sick for a while but now I’m all better.
This is my second entry in my weight loss diaries. My first entry was done over a month ago and I got a lot of responses and encouragement. I would like to say thank you for all the love and support. For all that say my goal is unhealthy, I made a mistake with the conversion. I don’t know how many times I wrote that in the comment section but let me say it here for those that didn’t see it; my goal weight is 50 to 55 kg. I won’t even bother converting to pounds or I might make a mistake again.
So with that out of the way, I’ll talk about my diet regime.
In school, its easier for me to work out and watch the food I eat. Usually because the food in school is crap and I’m too broke to buy normal food. When it comes to food, I follow a few set rules:
1. No soda. Means no coke, no sprite, anything that is carbonated. Too much sugar and gas. This is bad for me because I am in LOVE with coke. I used to drink it by the gallon. But now, I have been coke free for about two months.
2. Low carbs. I don’t eat rice, pasta or bread a lot anymore. If I have to eat it, its in little quantities.
3. High protein. I now eat higher quantities of chicken, turkey and fish. I’ve almost completely stopped eating beef, but I only eat it once in a while.
4. A lot of vegetables and fruits. If I’m hungry between meals, I eat an apple or a bunch of grapes. It helps a lot so I don’t start rummaging for ice cream or chips in the freezer. I eat a lot of efo and egusi alone. I’m weird like that.
5. Pepper. This is my personal rule so please do not go around and say I told you to try this and it works. I read a few articles online which said that caspium, the fiery ingredient which gives pepper its taste has been proven to help people lose weight. I like pepper so this was an added bonus. All I do is add a little extra to soups and stews. Its a tad bit uncomfortable but I’ve seen results.
5. Water. Every morning, I drink about 6 glasses of water. I know the recommended is 8 but I won’t deceive myself and try to do something which I don’t like. Water is good for flushing out the toxins in the system.
6. Three meals a day – I eat three square meals everyday. If I’m hungry I eat fruits. I’m not trying to starve myself.
7. Reward meal – Once a week, I reward myself with a meal which has anything I want. It may be fatty, oily or whatever. My reward meal last week was a meal at kfc. This week, its a plate of chips with sausages. Its encourages me to stick to my rules.
So you all know my food rules. Let me tell about my exercise regime.
I exercise once a day for about an hour and thirty minties. I went online to download some videos which helped me a lot. Everyday I do –
- 1. Cardio kick boxing which gets me started.
2. I work my abs and stomach for about 15mins.
3. My glutes,hips and thighs are next
4. My butt blasting and cellulite workout
5. Then I end with some stretches and yoga
I don’t jog but I wish I did. I’m a tad bit lazy and I always make up excuses when I wake up to go jogging. In the end, I just fashied it all together.
I walk everywhere. In school a bus takes us place to place, but I walk instead. Lagos is a bit different tho.
Also, I swim once a week for an hour. It helps in my flexibility and movement. However, I don’t swim in Lagos. 😦
That’s what I have been doing for the past 1 month. So far so good I know weigh 62 kg! Yay!
Thank you all again for your love and support. Until next month!